Position: 3D Modeler/Game Designer (NOC 5223)
Hiring Company: Dischan Media Inc.
Start Date: As soon possible
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia
Term: Full-time, Permanent
Dischan Media is working on a new and ambitious 3D character action game using Unreal Engine 4 and is looking for a 3D Modeler/Game Designer to join the team in Coquitlam, BC. The applicant should be comfortable working in a small team with little supervision and fulfilling tasks occasionally outside of their job description.
- Review the graphic designer’s instructions;
- Produce or assist in developing and producing design concepts;
- Capture elements such as titles, text, drawings, illustrations, graphics, lettering and colour harmonization, using a computer;
- Produce computerized images and drawings;
- Digitize images using peripherals and transform them using retouching systems, graphic palettes or specialized software;
- Perform the layout, page make-up and placement using the conceptual mock-ups provided;
- Produce proofs and camera-ready materials and prepare film and any other prepress materials;
- Paint or ink individual cells of 2-D or 3-D animated drawings according to animator’s specifications using an electronic palette;
- Lay out, draw or paint letters, figures, logos and designs for windows, advertisements, billboards, vehicles, books and publications using specialized software or painting equipment;
- Work in an interdisciplinary environment.
The applicant should also meet the following qualifications:
Education: Applicant must have a Bachelor Degree in Interactive Design and Game Development from a reputable university or college.
Work Experience: Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of Game Design.
- Experience with contemporary AAA real-time character art techniques, including advanced familiarity with the following tools: Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter. Animation/Rigging experience is a plus.
- Ability to create concept art of ideas, characters, and environments.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience with game design at a conceptual level.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 Blueprints and ability to implement gameplay mechanics.
- Ability to implement custom assets in UE4 and mock up levels.
- Ability to create finished promotional artwork for the game.
Compensation: $25.50/hour at 37.5 hours/week
Benefits: There are no benefits associated with this position.
DISCHAN MEDIA INC. (UNIT 91)
301 – 3007 GLEN DR
COQUITLAM, BC V3B 0L8
Please note that examples of past work are required to properly asses your application. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.