Position: 3D Modeler/Game Designer (NOC 5223)
Hiring Company: Dischan Media Inc.
Start Date: As soon possible
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia
Term: Full-time, Permanent
Dischan Media is working on a new and ambitious 3D character action game using Unreal Engine 4 and is looking for a 3D Modeler/Game Designer to join the team in Coquitlam, BC. The applicant should be comfortable working in a small team with little supervision and fulfilling tasks occasionally outside of their job description.
- Review the graphic designer’s instructions;
- Produce or assist in developing and producing design concepts;
- Capture elements such as titles, text, drawings, illustrations, graphics, lettering and colour harmonization, using a computer;
- Produce computerized images and drawings;
- Digitize images using peripherals and transform them using retouching systems, graphic palettes or specialized software;
- Perform the layout, page make-up and placement using the conceptual mock-ups provided;
- Produce proofs and camera-ready materials and prepare film and any other prepress materials;
- Paint or ink individual cells of 2-D or 3-D animated drawings according to animator’s specifications using an electronic palette;
- Lay out, draw or paint letters, figures, logos and designs for windows, advertisements, billboards, vehicles, books and publications using specialized software or painting equipment;
- Work in an interdisciplinary environment.
The applicant should also meet the following qualifications:
Education: Applicant must have a Bachelor Degree in Interactive Design and Game Development from a reputable university or college.
Work Experience: Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of Game Design.
- Experience with contemporary AAA real-time character art techniques, including advanced familiarity with the following tools: Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter. Animation/Rigging experience is a plus.
- Ability to create concept art of ideas, characters, and environments.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience with game design at a conceptual level.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 Blueprints and ability to implement gameplay mechanics.
- Ability to implement custom assets in UE4 and mock up levels.
- Ability to create finished promotional artwork for the game.
Compensation: $25.50/hour at 37.5 hours/week
Benefits: There are no benefits associated with this position.
Business Address: 22355 McIntosh Ave. Unit 202, Maple Ridge, BC V2X 3C2, Canada
Please note that examples of past work are required to properly asses your application. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.